Monday, June 19, 2006

Why does this blog sound so gloomy on the U.S. ?

So a friend of mine asked me why I'm being discontent when "they" have increased the number of visas to 1.5 lacs and when there are lots of jobs available in the U.S. It is for reasons like this that I get motivated writing this blog. As I say right under the banner, my blog will contradict some of the rosy picture painted by the media.

First of all, let me start by saying that the job scenario is almost like the pre dotcom bubble era. It's getting harder to find quality candidates as most of them are comfy with their jobs. Fresh graduates are increasingly finding jobs they like and more people are switching back to IT now that the real-estate frenzy has died down. You can find these aspects in the news media easily and that's why I don't write about them. So, reading my blog will surely seem gloomy as I show only one-side of the coin but then so does the news media - they show the brighter side, I show the darker side.

No comments: